Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nicer Weather




Now that the weather is finally getting nicer and NOT 100 degrees plus, for me it is time to go enjoy the beach and do some relaxing.

The kids are back in school, things are getting back to "normal" and time to take a quick break. My two rental homes are just about 3 hours from Austin and an easy drive on the way down.


If you travel through Lockhart and Luling, you can stop at some outstanding BBQ places--4 of them in Lockhart and at least two in Luling. They have been featured on the Travel Channel on their program, BEST BBQ. My favorite one is Smitty's BBQ in Lockhart; good meat, good prices and I do like their sauce. I order the sausage dry, so I avoid all the usual grease dripping. It is a tasty treat that can be enjoyed on the go or in their restaurant.


If you journey through Cuero, there is a great old fashioned drive in with some the best malts around. But they are only open on weekdays since they are located next to a school and close at 7pm. Good food at excellent prices.


I like the beach especially in the evenings when the breeze is blowing in and I have my favorite beverage at my side while sitting on my beach chair. Since you can drive on our beach, you can load up your chair, cooler and gear, find a spot you like on the beach, then put your music on the car stereo and just chill out with your own private party.

My two homes are fully furnished, so you have all the linen you need, full kitchen with appliances, washer/dryer and DISH TV provided with about 150 additional movies in each home. So it is a relaxing, fun place to just hang out and get to know your family once again.

And now that it is getting cooler, the fish should start biting again! I think they were also affected with our extreme heat.

The main website for the coast is www.magnoliavacation.com. Call me today at 1-888-811-4497 as some of the weekends and week days are filling up pretty quickly.

Think relax and enjoy life!

No comments: